Wish you were here.. YES!
These locations will take you from the icy forests of Finland to the jungles of Bali and from the streets of Paris to the turquoise Mediterranean waters of Greece. As diverse as they are, there’s one thing tying them together – each location is perfectly suited for you to take a breather and relax.
In their fight to attract adventurous (and often wealthy) visitors, hotels have often been at the forefront of creative structure and interior design, struggling to create ever more intriguing and attractive rooms in ever more exotic locales. That’s why you get hotels perched atop cliff faces, hotels built inside of sea caves, hotels with waterfalls, and other amazing feats of engineering. Some, like the Conrad Maldives shown here or the Manta resort in Zanzibar, even let their guests sleep underwater.
These places look good (though probably a bit pricey), but I wonder about some of the sleeping arrangements. I’m not sure if I’d like to sleep together with my significant other in a bed that anyone could see! Although I guess that’ll only be worth worrying about once I can afford a trip to one of these places.
1. Äscher Cliff, Switzerland
2. Hotel Kakslauttanen, Finland
3. Ladera Resort, St. Lucia
4. The Manta Resort, Zanzibar
Image credits: Genberg Underwater Hotels
5. Rayavadee Krabi, Thailand
6. Shangri La, Paris
7. Hotel Ristorante Grotta Palazzese Polignano a Mare, Italy
8. Conrad Maldives, Rangali Island
9. Panchoran Retreat, Bali
10. Hotel Ubud Hanging Gardens, Indonesia
11. Attrap Reves Hotel, France
12. Katikies Hotel-Oia, Greece
13. Hotel Le Sirenuse, Amalfi Coast, Italy
14. Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden
15. The Cambrian Hotel, Adelboden, Switzerland
16. Dedon Island Resort
17. Homestead Resort and Spa, Utah, USA
18. Villa Escudero, Philippines
19. Hotel-Restaurant Öschinensee, Switzerland
20. Astarte Suits Hotel, Greece
21. Hotel Le Moulin du Roc, France
22. Juvet Landscape Resort, Norway
23. Montana Magica Lodge, Chile
24. Giraffe Manor, Kenya
Amazing destinations! This is definitely on the bucket list of places to go!
Now to win the lottery! 🙂
If you could pick one of these places as your next vacation destination, which would it be?